Users with Administrator role have access to everything within the system with no restriction whatsoever.
- User Manager: Only Admin users have access to the User Manager where user accounts can be created and edited.
The Simulated Patient role is essentially for administrative and identification purposes: it is not assigned to actual users as the user would not have access to the system. It serves as a means of distinguishing simulated patients (as opposed to manikins) who can in turn be linked to video recordings.
Learners have access to the following functions:
- learner data entry, that is, Pre-Simulation, Post-Simulation and Evaluation checklists (whichever is created in the SCE);
- Video Review module: limited access - to video recordings of events the user participated in (that is, is member of the assigned Learner group);
- Reports module: limited access - to their own Responses (assessment of their performance in the Pre- and Post-Simulation parts they filled out) and only for as long as the report availability is set.
Users with Faculty role have access to the following functions:
- Recording module: limited access - to the recording view of events the user participates in, and only during the scheduled time;
- Video Review module: limited access - to video recordings of events the user has participated in;
- Data entry: filling out the Performance Checklist part of a scheduled SCE to which they have been assigned;
- OEQS: submitting Open Ended Question Scoring, that is, scoring textual answers submitted within parts filled out by learners.
Suggested role for: members of the institution who are responsible for making judgments about the professional advancement, competence and performance of the trainees/ learners of the institution.
User with this role have access to the functions of SCE Management module:
- creating and editing simulated clinical experiences: SCE Design (all professional aspects of the SCE, including data, scenario, and material for assessment) and SCE Scheduling (guide for timing of different phases and actions);
- copying and exporting already created SCEs;
- creating Learning Modules and arranging SCEs within them.
Suggested role for: members of the institution who possess the necessary professional (i.e. medical) competence to manage a case content (including patient history, physiological data, training objectives etc.), determine what knowledge and performance can be expected from the learners (content of checklists), and outline how a simulation experience should be completed (different stages of simulation, relevant information to be provided for the participants).
The Scheduler role grants access to the functions of the Calendar module:
- scheduling new or editing already created events, including: selecting the SCE to be used, assigning participant groups, and adjusting - if necessary - the SCE Scheduling
- printing or emailing calendar views
Suggested role for: users of the system who are involved in administration, organization and syllabus management.
Users with this role have access to live videos in the Recording module including:
- completing the Physical Arrangements of an SCE;
- starting and stopping recordings;
- assigning participant groups to the recordings;
- adding, editing or deleting annotations via the Annotation panel;
- adjusting camera views, including adding preset camera views.
Suggested role for: members of the institution who are knowledgeable in video recording as well as in the actions of a simulation, that is, they are aware of what should be in focus during recording.
Users with Facilitator role have the access-level closest to that of the Admins: their role combines that of a Scheduler, an Operations Specialist and Faculty, and have additional control over the Reports module. Consequently, they are authorized to do the following:
- schedule and manage events in the Calendar module;
- create and edit content in the SCE Management module
- operate within the Recording module: start and stop recording, manage intercom announcements, assign participant groups to a recording, add annotations and fill out the Performance Checklist of the SCE;
- submit Open Ended Question Scoring (OEQS), that is, grade learners' responses for questions requiring textual answers;
- use all the functions of the Video Review module: review recordings, download videos, print Video Reports, upload simulation data logs, add annotations to video recordings;
- manage the Reports module: access all the reports in the system, create and save reports for specific events or activities.